2026年9月26日土曜日

ballsy 大胆な

ballsy 大胆な、度胸のある、勇敢な、思い切った。0:19 The strength of Scotland, the strength of Britain behind him. Watch the clock. It's going to be mighty fast, and surely he's going to break the world record. He does. He obliterates the world record. Josh Kerr takes down what he has been predicting since late March. That is what you would call the ballsiest world record. スコットランドの力、そして彼の背後にはイギリスの力があります。時計に注目です。 ものすごく速いタイムになりそうです。きっと世界記録を破るでしょう。――破りました! 世界記録を完全に打ち砕きました。 ジョシュ・カーが、3月下旬からずっと予告していたことを成し遂げました。 まさに「ものすごく大胆な世界記録」と呼ぶにふさわしいでしょう。

Josh Kerr smashes the men's mile world record at home | Wanda Diamond League

0:50 We've had a lot of these spectacular celestial events lately. I feel like these used to happen once, like, every eight to ten years. We'd get a comet or something. This year alone, we had a supermoon. We had a—what?—a super flower blood moon. And now, a ring of fire eclipse. We never had this. It's like gluten allergies all of a sudden. It's all you hear about. But I'll tell you another thing: I miss the days when our president was ballsy enough to look directly into an eclipse, staring right in the face. 最近、こういう壮大な天体現象が本当にたくさん起きていますよね。 昔はこういうのって、8年から10年に一度くらいしか起こらなかったような気がします。彗星とか、そういうものが見られる程度でした。 ところが今年だけでも、スーパームーンがありました。 それから……何でしたっけ? スーパーフラワーブラッドムーンがありました。 そして今度は、金環食です。こんなの、今までありませんでしたよね。 なんだか、突然グルテンアレルギーが流行り始めたみたいです。 もう、どこへ行ってもその話ばかりです。 でも、もう一つ言わせてください。 私は、大統領が度胸満々で、日食を真正面から直接見つめることができた頃が懐かしいですよ。

Emotional Goodbye to the Kardashians, Kim Jong Un Slims Down & Caitlyn Jenner Bombs on The View

0;28 Let me ask you something. When my wife's father has introduced me to stogies, what is she going to say? She's not going to say my father made a mistake because her father never makes a mistake. So, therefore, it is okay. I can smoke stogies around her. I can smoke stogies in my house, first of all, because her father introduced me to stogies, and second of all, because I'm a stud. I'm ballsy. I don't take no shit from anyone. I smoke my stogie anywhere I want. I don't have to find a hideout place like you. ちょっと聞きたいんだけど。 妻の父親が俺に葉巻を勧めたんだとしたら、彼女は何て言うと思う? 「父親が間違ったことをした」なんて言わないだろ。 だって、彼女の父親は絶対に間違いを犯さないんだから。 だから、俺が彼女のそばで葉巻を吸ってもいいってことだ。 まず第一に、俺は自分の家で葉巻を吸っていい。彼女の父親が俺に葉巻を勧めたんだから。 それに第二に、俺は一人前の男だ。度胸もある。 俺は誰にも舐めたまねはさせない。 俺は自分の葉巻を、吸いたいところならどこでも吸う。 お前みたいに、隠れて吸う場所を探す必要なんてないんだ。

Arnold is Ballsy with his Cigars

参考リンク
https://bridge-english.blogspot.com/2014/06/blog-post_12.html   肝っ玉を英語でなんと言うか? have balls 「度胸がある」「肝が据わっている」