2026年9月21日月曜日

私の英語ノート 2026/09/21

18;57 I mean, this is a man that seems to spend a lot of time on his own or with his aide, Natalie Hart, but not with the first lady who we are paying for. Yeah, that's a great point. I, I don't see that story anywhere. She isn't even trying. Right. Remember that raincoat she wore? I, you know, I don't care, do you? And it seems like that's her this time. That's really who she is. She isn't even trying to be first lady of the United States. She wants to show up at a couple of fancy dinners. She does look great in clothes. My wife says she's got a great sense of style, so whatever. And that, I suppose, has some, some PR value for the United States. But she's not doing a damn thing as first lady because she doesn't care. And it does say something about the relationship, which is, you know, none of my business, but it does say something about this is a family where everybody's out for themselves. He didn't go to his son's wedding. His wife barely shows up. He's hanging out with Natalie Harp half the time. They're all fleecing the, the, the country, you know, wildly. They all are getting rich off the position. つまり、トランプは、一人で、あるいは側近のナタリー・ハープと一緒に過ごす時間がかなり多いように見えますが、私たちが費用を負担しているファーストレディとは一緒にいないんです。 そうですね、それは非常に重要な指摘です。私は、その話をどこにも見かけません。彼女は努力すらしていません。 そう。彼女が着ていたあのレインコート、覚えていますか? 私は……まあ、私は気にしません。あなたはどうですか? そして、今回もそれが彼女の姿勢のように見えます。それが本当の彼女なんでしょう。彼女はアメリカ合衆国のファーストレディになろうとさえしていません。 彼女は、豪華な晩餐会に2、3回顔を出したいだけです。服の着こなしは実際とても素敵です。私の妻は、彼女には素晴らしいファッションセンスがあると言っています。まあ、それはそれです。 そして、それはおそらくアメリカにとって多少のPR効果はあるのでしょう。でも、彼女はファーストレディとして何一つやっていません。なぜなら、彼女はそんなことを気にしていないからです。 そして、それは二人の関係についても何かを物語っています。まあ、私が口を出すことではありませんが、この家族は、みんな自分自身の利益しか考えていない家族だということです。 彼は息子の結婚式にも行きませんでした。妻もほとんど姿を見せません。彼は半分くらいの時間をナタリー・ハープと一緒に過ごしています。 彼らはみんな、国をめちゃくちゃに食い物にしているんです。みんな、その地位を利用して金持ちになっているんです。

I Know Exactly Why Trump's Base is Finally Turning | The Daily Beast Podcast

注;out for oneself = to act mainly or exclusively for your own benefit or interests, without much concern for other people.「自分の利益だけを考える」「自分のことしか考えない」このイディオムは辞書には載っていない。明日の記事にしようと思う。

参考リンク
https://bridge-english.blogspot.com/2026/09/out-for-oneself.html  out for oneself 自分の利益だけを考える