a pod of dolphins イルカの群れ、a pod of whales クジラの群れ。pod は、さや(豆のさや)のことで、いくつもの豆が一つのさやの中にまとまっている、ことから、まとまって行動する海洋哺乳類の群れ、を意味するようになった。0;46 She says the boat encountered huge pods every couple of miles right off the coast of Mission Bay.彼女の話では、ミッション湾のすぐ沖を航行していると、2〜3マイル進むごとにイルカの大群に遭遇したそうです。
Dolphin video captured off San Diego coast goes viral
1;46 That joyous welcome home by a pod of dolphins was the icing on the cake. Wow, we got a cute little pod of dolphins. It wasn't just one or two.イルカの群れがまるで出迎えてくれたことが、最高のご褒美になった。わあ、かわいいイルカの群れ。
しかも1頭や2頭じゃない。
Once-Stranded Astronauts Now Must Regain Their Health
1;12 And with the warm ocean currents comes an abundance of sea life. Just yesterday, I watched a pod of dolphins play so close to shore I could almost touch 'em. They're the kind of things I think you'd enjoy. 暖かい海流のおかげで、海にはたくさんの生き物が集まってきます。昨日も、岸辺のすぐそばでイルカの群れが遊んでいるのを見ました。思わず手が届きそうなくらい近かったんです。そういう光景は、きっとあなたも好きだと思います。
The Mentalist 6x09- Jane sends a letter to Lisbon
0;05 A pod of whales are in danger of becoming stranded off the Western Isles of Scotland.スコットランド西方諸島の沖合で、クジラの群れが浅瀬に乗り上げる恐れがあります。注;A pod of whales is が標準的。
Pod of 100 whales 'may beach themselves'