2026年7月27日月曜日

raise the bar 基準を引き上げる

raise the bar 基準を引き上げる、 ハードルを上げる、 要求水準を高くする、 レベルを一段引き上げる。この bar は、High jump(走り高跳び)や棒高跳びのバー(横棒)。10;39 But to borrow the line from the OnePlus 13 review earlier this year, where the bar's been set, I think now I can say the bar has been raised to a really good spot. でも、今年前半のOnePlus 13のレビューで使った表現を借りるなら、そのとき基準が設定されたと思っていましたが、今では「その基準はさらに一段引き上げられた」と言えると思います。

Oppo Find X8 Ultra: The Bar's Been Raised!

14;19 When I look back to what we did back then with a small group of people, you know, it's a classic film. But, you know, technically, you keep getting better, and the bar keeps getting raised, so the standards keep going up. And, uh, you know, it's very photoreal now, the way the appliances are being done. 当時、小さなスタッフで作り上げた作品を振り返ると、本当に名作だったと思います。でも、技術というものは進歩し続けますし、求められる基準もどんどん高くなっていきます。その結果、品質の基準もますます上がっていきます。今では特殊メイクの仕上がりは、写真と見分けがつかないほどリアルになっています。

Creating T-800 Model 'Terminator Genisys' Behind The Scenes

0;35 As young women, as older women, we have to raise our own bars. You will not be successful hanging around people who drag you down.若い女性であっても年上の女性であっても、私たちは自分自身の基準を高く持たなければなりません。あなたの足を引っ張るような人たちと付き合っていては、成功することはできません。

First Lady, CharlizeTheron Talk to Schoolgirls

2;06 They have just raised the bar. It's gonna be fucking hard to beat them, I tell you.彼らは、料理の世界の基準をさらに引き上げました。もう彼らに勝つのは、とてつもなく難しくなるでしょう、本当に。

Best French Restaurant | The F Word