2026年9月15日火曜日

make an exception 例外を認める

make an exception 原則を曲げて特別扱いする、例外扱いする、今回だけ特別に許す。1;18 You know, normally I'd say, "Don't quit your day job," but in this case, I will make — I will make an exception. ほら、普通なら『本業を辞めないほうがいいよ』って言うところだけど、今回は……例外を認めよう。

Trump Bombs at White House Correspondents' Dinner & Jon Stewart Offers Comedy Tips | The Daily Show

22;01 After lunch, we get the rare opportunity to take a look at the bridge. This isn't something usually offered, but due to the length of this trip, the captain has made a special exception for us.昼食のあと、めったにない機会として、操舵室を見学させてもらいました。これは普段は許されていないものですが、今回の旅が長期間にわたるため、船長が私たちのために特別に例外を認めてくれました。

USA to Japan by Luxury Cruise Ship | Silversea Royal Suite

0;06 I did notice when we came in, it said, "No cameras or photos allowed," so we're making a special exception for you today. And 60 Minutes? Yes. 入ってきたときに気づいたんですが、『カメラや写真撮影は禁止』と書いてありました。つまり、今日は、あなたには特別に例外を認めています。『60 Minutes』も?――はい。

The hidden stories within the National Archives

0;44 Come in, officer. You know, I don't usually see anyone without an appointment, but in your case, I'll make an exception. ロボコップさん、どうぞ、お入りください。、私は普段、予約なしでは誰にも会わないんですが、あなたの場合は特別にしましょう。

RoboCop - Directive 4