2023年2月15日水曜日

before your time 生まれる前に

before your time 生まれる前に、時代の前に。0:28 I'm going to miss this ship. she went before her time. someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. but I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. what we leave behind is not as important how we lived. after all, Number One, we're only mortal. speak for yourself, sir. I plan to live forever. エンタープライズ号との別れはつらい。この宇宙船は建造される以前の過去に旅したのだから。

Star Trek Generations: Ending

0:38 they say you're a legend around here. I've, um... I've never heard of you. must have been a bit before my time. あんたは伝説の殺し屋だそうだな。聞いたことはないがね。きっと俺の前の時代の話だろうな。

Red 2 Movie CLIP - You've Heard Of Me Now (2013) - Bruce Willis Movie HD

0:16 like so many ‘Gilligan’s Island’ was way before my time, but thanks to re-runs like so many, I have probably seen every episode. 『ギリガン君SOS』は私が生まれるずっと前に放映されていたように、再放送で放映されていたので、私は多分全部の作品を見たと思います。

‘Gilligan’s Island’ star dies of COVID-19 l GMA

参考リンク

http://bridge-english.blogspot.com/2016/05/beyond-ones-years.html   beyond one's years 実際の歳よりも
http://bridge-english.blogspot.com/2013/03/blog-post_421.html   時代を先取りするを英語でなんと言うか?