2019年3月17日日曜日

I hope this letter finds you well. ご健勝のことと存じます。


I hope this letter finds you well.= I hope this letter finds you in good health. お元気でお過ごしのことと存じます。I hope this letter finds you + 状態 が公式。 3:06 I would be hoping that this letter finds you and finds you well.

Hope is the good thing(The Shawshank Redemption 1994).

0:02 dearest Bethany, I hope this letter finds you well.

Victorian Ladies - Saturday Night Live

6:04 dear Derek; I hope this letter finds you enjoying your summer!

Punched Out: The Rise and Fall of Derek Boogaard [Full Version] | The New York Times

ここでの find は letter を擬人化させている。1:03 where two broken hearts go? can they find their way home? ここでの find も同じ使い方。

Original Whitney Housten(Where do Broken Hearts Go)

参考リンク
http://bridge-english.blogspot.com/2011/07/like-want.html  擬人化に伴うlike, want

練習問題解答
a-9815 this finds you
b-4079 this finds you well